My more "legit" side

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Purehost Purehell

NO. Your engineers have not actually fixed anything at all.
They do not follow customer instructions - which by itself will be the ruin of Purehost. You MUST listen to the customers - and re-read the Server2003 manual in the section that talks about using Frontpage 2002 extensions vs. using Sharepoint Services (also known as FrontPage2003/XP extensions - just in case there is some confusion about that from last year's seminars).

I have stated - and recorded for quality purposes - "The engineers must fix the subweb, wait 10 minutes, then go back to double check, IF the fix was successful then they must contact me via email with the methods and steps used to accomplish the fix, wait until I have had a chance to check that the fix worked, then wait for me to contact back via phone or email with verification or failure notice - THEN the ticket either can be closed to the former or remain opened if the fix failed." Well, I paraphrased, but that is the spirit of the recording, and what was essentially read back to me as to what was put into this ticket for the engineers by Level 1 Phone Tag Support.

Obviously, this is how all tickets should be handled, along with adding the ability for CUSTOMERS TO MAKE THEIR OWN TICKETS OR AT LEAST ADD TO OR CLARIFY THEM!



You have to be kidding: "Such as" ? HUH? Nothing has changed in the way of operating system and FrontPage version that I have been using. The only thing that has changed is the wait on hold for Level 1 Phone Tagging has increased by 600% !

YOU GUYS FIXED THIS CRAP IN NOVEMBER last year.

WHY CAN't IT BE FIXED THE SAME WAY THE PROBLEM WAS FIXED THEN?

FrontPage 2002 all updates applied all patches applied.
Windows 2000 SP4 all updates and patches applied.

Now, you tell me what EXACTLY is preventing the ACLs to be handled by Server2003 and 2002 Extensions instead of letting some old Linux frontend security CRAP still running that prevented things from working properly on my accounts last year.
(BTW, its about time you all start actually using SharePoint Services instead of just FP2002 Extensions, seeing as how you are using Server2003! I cannot believe Microsoft knows you are trying it this way.)

I tried a retune once already beginning last week. This problem has been going on again for 2 weeks and the problem needs to be fixed.

And, BTW - who the HELL is ReadyHosting Tech Support? I noticed you all have the same crappy music on hold. My God, a BMI license doesn't cost that much.

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 18:26 , support@purehost-inc.com sent:

>Hello
>
>
>This email is in regards to Thread: 1294801 about your website.
>
>
>Our engineers have corrected the permissions and fixed the sub web errors in FrontPage Admin console and now sub-webs are working fine. If the problem still arise then please provide the information such as the Operating System / FrontPage version and methods used for publish your site.
>
>
>If you do have questions or concerns feel free to contact us at 888-257-2052 or reply to this email.
>
>
>Thanks Stephen, Readyhosting Tech Support

No comments:

"HEY, dude! What"s with the name change?"

I took the name from a company that was apparently - for 6 months - either out of business or freakishly absent from the web, adding further mystery and intrigue to the WWW, and my lawyer advised me that since I do not sell products using this blog and websidestory.com does, I do not have to give them my blog name. So I will not. Not that there will be any future problems from said company, it's just that MY lawyer advises ME, and I usually follow that advise. Good hunting and be thinking Caddyshack 2 if you need to know what my lawyer is like.

copyrights

copyright 2005+ by Dan Prowse