My more "legit" side

Friday, August 18, 2006

Steve Dahl & Garry Meier getting all wet at the Beachstro

I have done a bit of "cross-posting" in my own blogs, but HAHA! They're mine!

Is it two 'r's or one?

Are they shaken or stirred?

I can answer that! Steve & Garry are stirring it up, baby! Oh, yeah, I was listening the 'G' - as I like to refer to the Chicago Free-FM Talk Station, WCKG - and Steve saw Gary eating Lunch (like that wasn't pre-planned over the phone sometime ago!) at the Oak Street Beachstro, where the Dahl Crew broadcasts live every Friday now.

When a [female] reporter from Channel 2 News (whom Steve accused of wishing she were at Channel 9 right about now) asked Steve for a short over-the-air interview, Steve mentioned more than five times, "Who's going to pay Gary?". Haw Haw Haw. Steve then, as King Arthur might have done back in the day, went around the table (it might be round?) and asked Wendy, "No", Buzz, "Nope", Stan?

A moment of silence.

Then Stan says, "I'm just lookin to keep my gig.". Haw Haw Haw, laughter all around, the crowd is pleased. But, the laughter sounded more like we were listening to a golf match when Bob Hope said something amusing before taking a putt.

Everyone loves a peek at the race card, when it leads to laughter instead of mayhem, as Stan added, "Whenever two white men get together, it's always bad for the black man.". And Haw Haw Haw, more gay laughter from the Crew and the Crowd. Who wouldn't love a good bout of race-card humor? We play a few hands everyday here at work! It's fun!

Well, I doubt very much Stan will lose his job at CBS radio anytime soon - I think he has about one more year to go on that one year contract he just signed. And, Brendan, well let's just say he is like the Womper. The Womper is a big sail made for the front of the winning boat of the America' s cup race, as portrayed in the film "Wind", now playing near the IFC channel! It stars Matthew Modine as an unrespected genius of sail and the loooove interest cutie-pie sister of Ferris Bueler, what's-her-name-and-I-am-to-lazy-to-goggle-it!

Sorry.

So, It looks like S & G are back, at least in the "media" RIGHT NOW, as it will be the second to the lead story on Channel 9, 7, 5 , and 2 NEWS ! I might tune right now?

No comments:

"HEY, dude! What"s with the name change?"

I took the name from a company that was apparently - for 6 months - either out of business or freakishly absent from the web, adding further mystery and intrigue to the WWW, and my lawyer advised me that since I do not sell products using this blog and websidestory.com does, I do not have to give them my blog name. So I will not. Not that there will be any future problems from said company, it's just that MY lawyer advises ME, and I usually follow that advise. Good hunting and be thinking Caddyshack 2 if you need to know what my lawyer is like.

copyrights

copyright 2005+ by Dan Prowse