My more "legit" side

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

SONY is the 4 letter word - NOT DELL!

"Damn you Stevens!" Sony is in trouble. Dell hopefully has learned the old lesson - screw me once, shame on me, screw me twice you better buy me dinner first, screw me again, shame on me.

Well, something like that, huh.

Sony sold the OEM (known as Dell Computer Corp) very BAD batteries.

It's Sony's fault, NOT Dell's!


Dell to recall 4 million batteries This story first came to my attention through digg.com watchful eyes.

MY PERSONAL VIEW (8-15-2006):
It's official now, as of 2am CST today, Dell set up this newer website specifically targeting this new threat. When Dell says on their website(s) don't use something, then DO NO USE IT. Plain and simple. Take the battery out of the laptop and use the laptop on AC adaptor power ONLY. But that is not all: If I were you - more importantly, if you were me - you would be checking the serial number on the Adaptor/Charger as well as the batteries as it also may be under a DIFFERENT RECALL PROGRAM regarding adaptor/chargers sold from around the Same Time Frame is these Sony batteries were used in OEM. As the website indicates and makes very clear, the batteries affected by this recall include batteries that were shipped as extras or replacements as part of [another] repair(s) or recall!

Check on it. DO IT! DO IT!


No comments:

"HEY, dude! What"s with the name change?"

I took the name from a company that was apparently - for 6 months - either out of business or freakishly absent from the web, adding further mystery and intrigue to the WWW, and my lawyer advised me that since I do not sell products using this blog and websidestory.com does, I do not have to give them my blog name. So I will not. Not that there will be any future problems from said company, it's just that MY lawyer advises ME, and I usually follow that advise. Good hunting and be thinking Caddyshack 2 if you need to know what my lawyer is like.

copyrights

copyright 2005+ by Dan Prowse